CASA DE LIZ
Built in 1738, Casa De Liz takes its name from the surname of its former owner, María Liz Nuño, born in the house in 1872. A few years later the house became the property of our grandparents, Pepe Sáinz and Beatriz Arregui. It's had different uses over the years.
It has been a block and saladero, the place where our grandparents opened the bar Las Nieves and also the seat of the sausage factory of the once famous Chorizos Arregui.
The house is located in the neighborhood of El Puente, capital and nerve center of the Real Valle de Guriezo.
It forms together with other buildings a set that has given the neighborhood its identity and that constitute the oldest architectural set of this small rural nucleus.
Casa De Liz is a construction of 1738, with architectural elements typical of the time; Stone walls, wooden beams and balconies with stone masonry stands. The house is currently divided into four apartments, two of them duplex, with terraces on each floor. The common lounge at street level has a fireplace, library,
a sofa area and a table for games.